As part of our preparedness planning we have created Ministry hard packs.
There is a Youth learning pack available for students receiving Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) support and students working long term at level 1 of the NZ Curriculum.
The Youth pack is intended to support and complement student learning alongside existing school and website resources as students attend and transition back to their school or kura.
Parents and whānau can also create a sensory/play pack for their child using readily available materials. See below information about creating a sensory/play pack and links to PDFs that outline activities that families can do at home to support their child’s learning.
If you have questions about hard packs please contact email@example.com.
See links to activities and recipes for sensory play below under 'Activity suggestions'.
Activity suggestions use materials that families might already have at home, or that are readily available at supermarkets and other shops.
Some suggested materials for use are:
- cardboard box large or small, e.g. recycled cereal box
- cardboard tubes
- coloured card and paper
- glue stick
- paints (non-toxic)
- chunky paint brush
- pipe cleaners
- muffin tins
- paper plates
- cotton wool
- clothes pegs
- shaving foam (non-toxic)
- @home Series – Sensory [PDF, 4.4MB]
- Other @home series workbooks
- Messy play [PDF, 693KB]
- Natural resources [PDF, 594KB]
- Playdough [PDF, 642KB]
- Supporting Sensory play [PDF, 676KB]
- Banana pikelets [PDF, 230KB]
- Deconstructed burgers [PDF, 2.75MB]
- Fruit jars [PDF, 159KB]
- Muffins [PDF, 972KB]
- Pita-pocket pizza [PDF, 821KB]
- Lettuce skills [PDF, 544KB]
- Potato skills [PDF, 553KB]
- Accessible Chef
- The Heart Foundation
The Youth pack
The Youth pack targets older students who are receiving support through the ORS and other students working long term within Level 1 of the NZ Curriculum.
The Youth pack includes:
- coloured card
- coloured paper
- felt tip pens
- glitter glue pens
- glue stick
- blu tack style adhesive
- paints with palette
- chunky brush
- printed resource @Home Words
- printed resource @Home Numbers
- printed resource @Home Projects
- printed recipes for cooking skill practice with others.